Christian In Bangladesh

Personal blog from Bangladesh

বাংলাদেশে আছি খ্রীষ্টিয়ান

Monday 14 April 2008

Happy New Year

Today is the first year of the Bengali New Year 1415. It is celebrated by some with early rising to see the sunrise. I rose early, but that was only because a neighbour started hammering on his metal door at six.
My plan had been to stay in bed until the parade reached Bashundhara where I live and then join them for the cold rice called 'panta bhat'. In stead I got up and joined the preparations and the march from which I got the photo and others. (Follow the links on the right to the Danish and English School blogs.) We walked around the compound, went outside and across the rail road and had a dance at Bashundhara - where I got this photo. It is a great way of celebrating the beauty of Bangladesh.

No comments: